Feeding - Rainbow Snakehead (Channa bleheri)

John_jb1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2010
England
Hello,

Will do, I've looked up cooling systems, and I've found fans but they're quite inefficient from what I've read up, i.e. only really lowering the temperature 3'C...

But anyways, I've bought some frozen bloodworm from the store today, and he did eat a few of those, not as many as I would of thought but it's a start. OH and another Zebra fish has been eaten.

So I guess he's just warming up to new environments?

Cheers,

- John -

FISHGANG

Feeder Fish
Jun 15, 2020
I have 3 they eat like pigs at 25.c if tank gets low at that temperature for winter period there metabolism slows and maybe just not in mood not happy, mine literally have no aggression towards each other literally lie on top of each other and always eat only eat live worms mind could be your reason also.

KarthikC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
India
Channa Bleheri like cool water : less than 22-23Deg. C preferably by they aren’t very fussy about it and a stable water parameter Since snakehead aren’t very active fish, they would be just fine if you feed them, like, twice or thrice a week. I used to feed my snakeheads with Shrimps, Hikari Massivore, Dried Shrimp and sometimes live worms from the garden. They did just fine and were with me for about three years. I can easily claim that this Snakehead tank was the least maintained tank by me.

And about live fish, they arent very agile hunters and those fish being quite quick, I doubt whether they would show any interest. I had a family of Molly fish in the Channa Bleheri tank For a long time and they didn’t show any interest in going after those fish. You can try adding some of those huge fresh water shrimps (a.k.a Ghost shrimp) and try your luck.

Last thing, get the snakehead some hiding spots, and if possible, some leaf litter! They do much better with hiding places. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Karthik

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store