female betta question

captain23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
kapolei
how can u tell if an opaque female betta is ready to spawn? would it be hard to spot the vertical lines. help me please :eek: thanks guys :WHOA:

vicedretard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
in the river
does she look like she swallowed a marble...basically look to see if she is fat and holding eggs...have you be conditioning your male and female to spawn within sight of oneanother, if so how long have they been conditioning being able to see eachother...

vicedretard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
in the river
feed both of the bettas frozen daphnia and blood worms...freezedried at the least and wait about another week then put your female in with your male and just watch them or a day or two and if they just seem to fight and shred eachother remove them if the male just flares and nips and the female allows it(with out retaliating) and she follows his chases back to the nest let them go.

vicedretard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
in the river
no problem ....with opaques the best way is to look to see if the female looks fatter...but t obe honest i just bred my white opaque female with purple rays through her tail to my white opaque male and the female jumped out of her holding container and into the breeding section of the tank and bred on her own free will with the male so wasnt much work for me this time...keep me/us/the forum ...you know what i mean...updated as soon as my fry starts showing finnage and color/opaqueness ill post some pics for you.

good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store