FH info HELP!

sirasoni

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
Palos Verdes, CA
Headrush;1054645; said:
:confused:
I understood the Flowerhorn to be a hybrid which arose from the Trimac gene pool by crossing with Blood Parots, or Festae:

From Flowerhornexport.com "This beautiful hybrid is thought to be cross-breed between Cichlasoma Trimaculatus, Cichlasoma Festae and Jingang Blood Parrot. But to date, a lot of better quality Flower Horn has been produced due to the intensified eagerness of breeders to produce the best quality fish resulting in availability of various strains such as Golden Flower Horn (aka Kam Fa), Golden Mercury, Coronation Link, etc."

Is this wrong?

:popcorn:
Looks about right...they've introduced the vieja syn into some of the crosses and the midas/RD is also definitely mixed in but I've yet to hear about the JD being used.

Headrush

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2007
Upstate New York
Au Duong Phong;1054410; said:
Or here. We got me, bastardfish and some others.
Me Im an expert hobbyist. Not a biologist or a breeder but a hobbyist. I know how to care for these fish. But hint: they are just like cichlids but require more attention and care due to health and beauty purposes. That's it.
OK can you tell me which "strain" or strains have the most orange and red? I seem to like those the most at this point. Super reds look good but I've seen a guy on here with an orange one in his avatar and can't pinpoint who it was...seems they had a signature for breeding them as well.

Still considering trading/selling my FM and JD for one of these guys, but want to get squared away first. I won't buy a fish I know next to nothing about...yet :D

I'm assuming my 90 will be ok for a single fish

ilubtaimei

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
you need to go to flowerhornusa.com and learn!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store