Fhaka Puffer

nightegale

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2022
With all due respect. That is a fahaka just young and blotchy. The pattern will change as he gets older. Mine was similar but now it’s changing to stripes.
My concern is that she’s 8 months old and still that small.

Fatpuffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2020
My concern is that she’s 8 months old and still that small.
The amount of food you’re feeding is not a lot. I fed 2-3 x per day before mine hit 6-7 inches. Not a lot of nutrition w blood worms and brine shrimp. Try the other food suggested and soak in vitamins.

nightegale

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2022
The amount of food you’re feeding is not a lot. I fed 2-3 x per day before mine hit 6-7 inches. Not a lot of nutrition w blood worms and brine shrimp. Try the other food suggested and soak in vitamins.
so it should grow with more food I’m just concerned that regardless of that he may not get bigger

Fatpuffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2020
so it should grow with more food I’m just concerned that regardless of that he may not get bigger
Yes. Assuming it’s been dewormed. Mine used to take half a human grade shrimp. Usually the tail end w shell. Earthworms are also a good treat I give occasionally. Crayfish if you have access to them. Mystery snails are also good. I this size a dime size should be good.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Sorry for chiming in late however i do agree you should aim at feeding something a bit more nutritional and filling... Also, if you havent dewormed your puffer, it maybe a good idea to do so unless you are sure that your puffer came in 100% healthy which more often than not is not the case...

On a final note, there was once another member here who mentioned that their puffer remained small for a very long time as well but IIRC there was not definitive answer as to why they might have been case, coz that member also gave his puffer a larger than necessary (at the time) tank and was feeding his puffer a well rounded diet + dewormed...

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store