fibreglass tank

Kichi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2018
California
I think positively, say a Pentair Fiberglass tank, maybe because of its brand name and popularity I see people on MFK reselling it for a decent amount. If you bought a used Pentair fiberglass tank for a lowered price, you might even sell to someone else for the same amount five years down.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I was going to say seems like they hold their value as people want alot for them when they get sold again. Almost to the point of buying new. Lol

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
The fact that the 300g tank only costs £675 brand new I wouldn't give a monkeys if I ended up giving it away in 5 years time! Now buying a new glass 300g, or god forbid a new acrylic 300g then i'd be looking to recoup some of my initial outlay, especially on the acrylic at over £6000!!!

I've been on the website this morning of the place i'm getting it from and they've put them up to £725!!! So i've saved £50 by ordering it the other day. The woman I spoke to when i was inquiring about them said they were flying off the shelves, so much so that they've increased the price. I must have bought the last one at the old price before they hiked it up.:woot:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I was on the website this morning too. Id definitely choose this over the pentair. I like the fact that you can choose different colors for the inside.

Not sure if there are any tech differences between the two but i like the black on black much better than the blue pentair

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Yup I agree with the blue being nausiating. The black would be way better. I had a chance to purchase one a few years ago but couldnt do the blue so I passed. The window was a bit of a let down too when I saw it in person.

Reactions: Coryloach

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Yup I agree with the blue being nausiating. The black would be way better. I had a chance to purchase one a few years ago but couldnt do the blue so I passed. The window was a bit of a let down too when I saw it in person.
When you're used to looking into a glass or acrylic tank unhindered on 3 sides, then one of these fibreglass tanks, in comparison, is absolutely no where near as good. You're down to a single viewing area and if that isn't bad enough the actual size of said viewing area is small. The viewing window on the one i'm getting is 48"x18". That was very nearly a deal breaker for me but I took some positives from it. Here's my thinking:

A lot of my stock that's going in my new tank spook pretty easy, chalceus, balas, cigars and tinfoils. I'm betting that they calm down considerably when they're put in their new tank where they themselves have limited viewing OUT of the tank. The less shadows and movement they can see, the better. Sat down in my fish room chilling i'll still get a decent view of my fish, just not what i'm used to. I think I can live with that if it finally gets me on the lower rung of the monster tank ladder.:cheers:

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
In my country, the fibreglass tanks (fgt) comes in black, white or blue. With or without window. With or without filter box and even iOS type

Some people also paint their fgts but usually painted to white or black

Comparing to glass tank I don't see any negatives.. the best thing is it's super light

I have both glass tanks and a fgt. Looking to get another fgt

Reactions: jaws7777

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
A lot of my stock that's going in my new tank spook pretty easy, chalceus, balas, cigars and tinfoils. I'm betting that they calm down considerably when they're put in their new tank where they themselves have limited viewing OUT of the tank. The less shadows and movement they can see, the better. Sat down in my fish room chilling i'll still get a decent view of my fish, just not what i'm used to. I think I can live with that if it finally gets me on the lower rung of the monster tank ladder.
Coming from the experience of moving my own fish to a tank with limited viewing for the fish themselves, I think you may see a very positive response from shy fish in particular.... I think I've had a major change in character of my clown loaches since they started inhabiting the round black tank....They're all over the place these days all day long greeting me like sharks when I approach, compared to stuffed in caves hidden for most the the time, especially if I am nearby....when they were housed in glass tanks before....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store