Fighting Evaporation

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Actually, I think it's less. (hard to tell because I have set up so many more tanks) I'm only dripping 24 gpd which is less than what I was doing in water changes. Once you get the levels low you can use the drip system to maintain them rather than try decrease them. It keeps it very stable. Every time I've checked nitrates have been around 15ppm.

SharkWeekRocks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
Buffalo
awesome! Thanks for all the help. My problem when I had my 55 gallon up and running was mainly due to the fact that it was in the basement and we had a dehumidifier running (stupid I know but tell that to my parents) Even with weekly water changes it was a PIA.....the reason I ask this is not for the 55....I plan on having larger tanks when i get my own place. Ive read stories of people with huge tanks having a horrible time keeping up with evaporation. Even tho it doesnt seem a lot with the large volume of water, replacing it still has to be a pain haha. Ok thanks again all!

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
I have 2 dehumidifyersin my fishroom and never have to replace water between my weekly waterchanges.Its all about keeping the tanks covered

SharkWeekRocks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
Buffalo
well in that case looks like i need me some plexiglass :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store