filteration for 125G

washxawayxevil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
I just baught a 125G and I cant figure out what kind of filteration to use, such as a canister filter or a few bio wheels.... or what other choices do I have? could some one just provide me with a few pro's and con's on diffrent types of filteration and personal oppinions. thanx zach

GJC

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
washxawayxevil;719661; said:
I just baught a 125G and I cant figure out what kind of filteration to use, such as a canister filter or a few bio wheels.... or what other choices do I have? could some one just provide me with a few pro's and con's on diffrent types of filteration and personal oppinions. thanx zach
What kind of Fish and how many? How much money can You afford for a filter? Wet/dry are great and can be done cheap. Canisters are Your next best bet. And a couple AC 110's might work for You.

GJC

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
Cool fish, So how much can You spend on a filter? :)

washxawayxevil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
i mean I dont want to spend hundreds of dollars, I could probbly do $180.. It dosnt matter to much I just dont want to dish out a bunch of money for a peice of garbage.

KenyanSandBoa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
Massachusetts
I'm using Emperor 400s on my setup. I bought them online for $40 each. If you had two or three on a 125, your turnover would be about 6.5 - 9.5 times an hour.

I went that route because I live in an apartment complex and I didn't want to risk a siphon break 10 stories up!!

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
I have an heavy stocked 125g cichlid tank and am using multiple types of filters. IMO a good idea
AC110 -love AquaClears >paid $45
fluval405 canister -love these too >paid about $140
small homemade wet/dry to hide equipment -best of all worlds! >priceless (LOL)

The AC and a canister is a good place to start. Like what was already said, depends on the amount/kind of fish.

P.S. try doing a search on this topic. there have been lots of great threads already fully discussing this. Lots of great feed backs on the different brands that you want to know about. There are a lot of cool, helpful fish people on this site. WELCOME.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store