Filtration for 240g

Ali

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Hello I have a 240g that is sitting empty right now. The filtration I have is XP3, 60g wet dry, and two AC 110's(500's). I am looking to keep an ATF (or similar type of fanged fish), Pbass, Nile Perch, eel, and some sort of catfish (preferably TSN, RTC, or Tigrinus if I can find and/or afford).

How should I set up my filtration in order to be efficent and clean?

Should I buy an RO system? UV? What should I put in my 60g wet dry and how should I set it up? Any other additional filtration?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
throw the sump full of scrubbies, use the XP3 and the 110s and you'll have more than enough filtration. Then start building the pond for those beasts when they outgrow your tank! lol

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
Use all the stuff you have and you'll be fine for filtration. As Levi said get scrubbies for the W/D. Skip the RO unit unless your water is abnomally hard or your going to keep and breed discus. Most people usually get by without a UV for freshwater , but some swear by them.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Your filtration is fine, but do not use RO for freshwater. Since it will pull every solute out of the water, your fish's osmotic balance will be thrown off.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Oaktownmike;551709;551709 said:
Anyone have experience in filtration for large aquaria in the 2000 to 5000 gallon range.

I want to set up for Central American Cichlids, so lots of waste.
There are a few members that can help you out with that. You would be better off posting your own thread though, you will get more responses, and you are hijacking this thread. :thumbsup:

Personally I would just do a 200-250 gallon wet dry filter. Possibly adding a refugium on it to help with nitrate removal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store