Filtration

willyb1972020

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Delawere
I have a 10gal with two sponge filters hooked up to a tetra 10 gallon filter instead of using the air and it works great. But they are kind of an eye sore. There is also a penguin 100 on the tank to my water is always crystal clear.

Sent from my PantechP9090 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishHero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2013
Asheville NC
Sunsun or AQUATOP im running a sunsun 304u on a 125 and it has crazy current definitely best bang for the buck

Sent from my DROIDX

stockfool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2012
East Tennessee
There are lots of guys that swear by the ACs, but I am not a big fan of HOBs. There are a lot of reasonably priced canisters out there. Craigslist may be a good place to start. I am a big fan of the FX5s, but you may not get one cheep. I've tried a little bit of everything and Ehiems are my favorite (though I am having issues with a 2229 I just picked up), but dollar for dollar there are probably better filters. I just like the durability of the Ehiems I've had; they tend to last forever. Pound for pound, you best value and efficiency will probably be with a DIY sump, it is just a little trouble up front and you have to have the space for it.

lovechelsie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2013
miami, fl
There are lots of guys that swear by the ACs, but I am not a big fan of HOBs. There are a lot of reasonably priced canisters out there. Craigslist may be a good place to start. I am a big fan of the FX5s, but you may not get one cheep. I've tried a little bit of everything and Ehiems are my favorite (though I am having issues with a 2229 I just picked up), but dollar for dollar there are probably better filters. I just like the durability of the Ehiems I've had; they tend to last forever. Pound for pound, you best value and efficiency will probably be with a DIY sump, it is just a little trouble up front and you have to have the space for it.
We found a marine land 350 canister for $60. Good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store