Finally, A No Screaming Kids Restaurant

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
It really is about the parenting. I have a lot more respect for a parent who takes there child to the bathroom or walks outside when they're upset rather than just ignoring it. I cannot believe how some parents can completely ignore their screaming child.

And if the kid can't help it, is crying because they pooped their pants - a good parent would go change them, not letting them sit in their own excrement and cry about it.

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Zfishies;4454349; said:
I know If I did this when I was little I wouldn't sit for a week lol
You and me both;)
I just cringe at the fact that I won't be able to give my future kids a good ass whooping:D My kids are going to walk all over me:nilly:

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
As long as it applies to obnoxious teenagers who are there of their own accord, then I wholly support it.

MadRussian79

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Where my fish swim
I'm not sure what the solution would be to this except being allowed to drug them
Children's Benadryl works almost every time.

I'm all for it. There are places for kids and places you should never bring them. At $100 bucks per person some screaming kid will really piss me off, at McDonald's not so much.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
vaine111;4454808; said:
You and me both;)
I just cringe at the fact that I won't be able to give my future kids a good ass whooping:D My kids are going to walk all over me:nilly:
I never like spanking as a punishment to the kids. Either it is because I hated it myself or I get emotionally distressed just seeing how kids suffer the physical abuse. I know I used to be spanked and it is both good and bad. While it allows you to realize your mistakes to justify why spanking was necessary (in the parents' eyes), I don't think I would do the same to my future kids. I do not have the heart to carry out such punishment and see them wail harder which only weakens me more emotionally. I've seen this with the younger kids even my nephews and nieces and it makes it harder for me when I recall being in their shoes.

If anything, reasoning them out and justifying why they were scolded would help better. If it doesn't go any better, give it time. In time they will understand why their parents are trying to correct them. I've gone through a lot and slowly beginning to realize why I was disciplined and even restricted in some ways to anything they deem inappropriate or negative.

Kids are kids. They can be annoying for no reason but I admit that it comes to them naturally. We've gone through this stage before. If they scream in a restaurant or public place however (without any reason other than to annoy), then discipline comes into play (no physical abuse involved and spanking counts as one in my opinion). Giving them leeway by allowing them to do their own things (not even bothering to teach them how to respect especially the public) is not teaching them any manners.

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Lupin;4454853; said:
I never like spanking as a punishment to the kids. Either it is because I hated it myself or I get emotionally distressed just seeing how kids suffer the physical abuse. I know I used to be spanked and it is both good and bad. While it allows you to realize your mistakes to justify why spanking was necessary (in the parents' eyes), I don't think I would do the same to my future kids. I do not have the heart to carry out such punishment and see them wail harder which only weakens me more emotionally. I've seen this with the younger kids even my nephews and nieces and it makes it harder for me when I recall being in their shoes.

If anything, reasoning them out and justifying why they were scolded would help better. If it doesn't go any better, give it time. In time they will understand why their parents are trying to correct them. I've gone through a lot and slowly beginning to realize why I was disciplined and even restricted in some ways to anything they deem inappropriate or negative.

Kids are kids. They can be annoying for no reason but I admit that it comes to them naturally. We've gone through this stage before. If they scream in a restaurant or public place however (without any reason other than to annoy), then discipline comes into play (no physical abuse involved and spanking counts as one in my opinion). Giving them leeway by allowing them to do their own things (not even bothering to teach them how to respect especially the public) is not teaching them any manners.
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree...
I just hate to see shows like Nanny 911 where they have kids on there that will tell their parents to shut up and smack them across the face. The parents would just take the smacking while putting the kids shoes on or something like that..

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
As a new 'kid screaming parent' I'm on both sides of the fence. I get embarrassed when my daughter screams a try to get her to stop(she's only 16 months old), but it's hard.

It does piss me off with the parents that ignore their screaming 5 year old

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
vladfloroff;4454832; said:
Children's Benadryl works almost every time.

I'm all for it. There are places for kids and places you should never bring them. At $100 bucks per person some screaming kid will really piss me off, at McDonald's not so much.
unfortunately benadryl and things like night time cold medicines have the opposite effect on him :( . I agree with your point that I wouldn't care if I was at IHOP or the likes, but a place where I am shelling out money for the ambiance .....

In my opinion smacking is appropriate for certain things. I smack my son on his hand at times (for being fresh), I hardly ever do it now as it is seen in his eyes as a lesser punishment then going to bed early (when given the chance between the two he would opt to have his hand smacked).
It was however effective for him as a toddler (as you cannot always reason with them at that age), in a moment when you need to fully seek your child's attention, to let them know that whatever is completely inappropriate, harmful, etc.

There is a huge difference btwn getting hit in anger and getting a smack as a reprimand. Every kid is different and you need to find what works for the both/all of you. For me that’s lots a communication & consistency.

bubbles123

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Ab, Canada
Warborg;4454996; said:
As a new 'kid screaming parent' I'm on both sides of the fence. I get embarrassed when my daughter screams a try to get her to stop(she's only 16 months old), but it's hard.

It does piss me off with the parents that ignore their screaming 5 year old
A trick we used, when our kids were under 2, when we went grocery shopping was to stop at the bakery section and get the kids a cookie. That kept them quiet for about 20 minutes. With a little practice we could get most of what we needed in less time than that. Occasionally we would have to go back at a later time to get the rest.

My kids are 5 and 7 now. When we go out and they start to act up, all it usually takes is a look from me or my wife and they know what it means -- they stop. If they don't, we take them outside.

When I was a kid flying in a plane was torture. My ears hurt like crazy when we came in for a landing. I remember screaming on the floor of the plane from the plane. The pressure wouldn't equalize. When we fly now, we tickle the kids as we start to land. The kids laughter causes the pressure to equalize and laughter is infectious. People all over the plane are looking trying to figure out what is so funny, most are smiling. When we get off the plane lots of people come up to us to say how nice it was to hear kids laughing instead of screaming on the plane.

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
WOoohoo finally a resturant "no screaming kids allowed" I have worked in a restaurant for a couple of years and it's unbelievable how people react when their kid starts screaming, they don't! They just sit there and carry on with their conversation as if they couldn't hear.

Sure thats fine if you are at home and you can just ignore the behavior so the kid doesn't get the attention that they want. But in a resturant where people are trying to enjoy a nice dinner!? Come one?! Have a little respect for other people!

Good for this lady, I like it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store