Finally, Another Pike

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Finally got a pike again. I had taken some time off after dipping into some saltwater and focusing on mostly single fish tanks, but I turned the 240 back into fresh and trying to do a monster community again. Has some tattered fins, but seems to get on fine with the others. The LSN was a little nippy at first. She looked nice and healthy in the store, but has not eaten anything, so she must have been on feeders. I'm hoping she gets hungry enough to eat something else soon, but she's only been in the tank since Sunday, so maybe she just needs a little more time. I've tried just about everything...market shrimp, tilapia, different pellets, f/d krill. Looks at it, but doesn't even try anything. I wanted Tapajos, but this will do for now. I wish I could have bought the smaller male that was with her, too.

DSC00077.JPG DSC00078.JPG DSC00083.JPG DSC00090.JPG

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice looking red pike.

Reactions: pwmin

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I had a 6" female red not eat for 1 month. She was fine, and no sunken belly. She started with soft krill pellets before taking on hard pellets. Now I'm having trouble getting her back to the same slim figure that your pike is currently in, LOL.

Reactions: pwmin

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Haha, I'm sure she'll come around and start pigging out, too.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
They've been pretty non aggressive but definitely have a pecking order like p bass. The pike seems to have joined their pack

Reactions: Nove Sedici
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store