Finally got my waterfall running!!

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
this Pond was built40- 50 years ago before I bought my house. I had it running years ago but it leaked badly along the run, This year I Rubberized it with 4 coats and it is good to go! I have three 8" koi assorted plus assorted goldfish and a decent sized bullhead. The water falls behind and spills out on both sides...pretty cool design. The pond is 9.5 foot circle aprox 22 inches deep. 750 gallons or so.......I have a laguna submersible filter with 13watt UV running and a seperate 900gph pump running the falls.

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
The pond itself is 9" thick poured cement....It was built to run an above ground pump that was located in the wishing well 45 feet away. Someone spent big bucks building it a long time ago. It was full of sludge and leaves when i moved in 20 years ago. the plantings have always looked great. Love having the sound of water again!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The pond itself is 9" thick poured cement....It was built to run an above ground pump that was located in the wishing well 45 feet away. Someone spent big bucks building it a long time ago. It was full of sludge and leaves when i moved in 20 years ago. the plantings have always looked great. Love having the sound of water again!!
That was well worth the hard work you put into it pond looks great.

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
Love all the vines and greenery? It looks so natural and beautiful! Great job getting it up and running again!
Thank you very much!! My only wish is that the pond was deeper! i should have taken pics of the native lady slipper orchids that we naturalized around the pond.....(hybrids from growers....not wild collected) My favorite plant around the pond is the Dinosaur food " pestasites Japanicus Giganteus. You can see the large round leaves. It is my favorite shade plant. Spreads but controllable. Deer hate it. If anyone lives nearby I have lots of it available to transplant!! very hard to find!!

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Thank you very much!! My only wish is that the pond was deeper! i should have taken pics of the native lady slipper orchids that we naturalized around the pond.....(hybrids from growers....not wild collected) My favorite plant around the pond is the Dinosaur food " pestasites Japanicus Giganteus. You can see the large round leaves. It is my favorite shade plant. Spreads but controllable. Deer hate it. If anyone lives nearby I have lots of it available to transplant!! very hard to find!!
You are lucky to have lady slipper! It’s my states flower and I wish I had some growing on my property. I haven’t seen any in person since I was a child. All the plants really add to the beauty of a pond.

Reactions: angelcrze

angelcrze

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Gatineau
That is beautiful, so nice to have something to look at and be proud of. I love how it is a bit overgrown, but controlled. Tbh, i'm really into using native plants in my 'scape' and I see a few plants I recognize. The dinosaur food is gorgeous.

How long have you had the fish? Do you have to winterize them?

I would love to have something similar (or even a smidge) one day, thanks for the inspiration!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store