finally got them

k98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
CANADA
i have buy 3 nice sveni i put them in a 55g the size its 4 to 5 inch.they are a little aggresive but nothing dangerous,after 3 days they dont want to eat crude shrimps,so i give them some little guppy,they are shy and dont look verry well acclimated(they are out of the bag from colombia since 4 days)i have a little high ph of 7.6 and the temperature is at 78. i will try to take better shots

Picture 3022.jpg

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Sveni are awesome pikes!! Seriously love them. One of my fav. Saxatilis pikes. Your tank looks superbly set up for them as well with all the live plants and what not, so they should settle in quickly.

I got my sveni to eat by keepin them with other cichlids, particularly young geophagus...haha. This only worked for a couple of weeks as they quickly out grew the geos. However, one thing that almost always seems to work is to introduce the food into the tank where there is the most current, ie a powerhead or where the intake for a filter is. It pushes the food around and the pikes seem to take interest more in it.

They are gorgeous pikes, becoming more and more so as they get larger! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Chaio,
P

k98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
CANADA
where is the pike?

Picture 3025.jpg

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Gorgeous!! Wild caught ones are amazing lookin!! I've only seen captive bred...:D. Good luck with them, watch for aggression. Hopefully you will get a pair out of them, but if you don't, still keep trying...;).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store