Finally - my 750 Gallon is set up, picture heavy.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
tjenare albin.. kul att se lite bekanta ansikten.. ;)

@bones.. fantastic tank and even more amazing you found a filter willing to accept the feeding regime required to keep those monsters from homicide.. that aro truly has the face of a drill sergeant! it could very well be the aro you were told it is.. looks like it has some age and the strains evolve all the time.. I've seen some rtg's lately and even though all are RTG some breeders has chosen to go one way whereas another breeder went a completely other way..

anyhoo, great seeing another big glass tank, and even better seeing the tiles holding up.. I've had some angst considering my own floor haha.. great job man and I really hope you will be spared from misfortunes.. with a bioload that massive every feeding is a gamble!

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Thanks for the comments guys - yeah the feedings are massive for these fish, the actual food bill is becoming silly now with me taking on other tanks and as such i'm looking to bulk buy things are getting that serious.

What happened to the days of a 55G and a oscar!

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Love the tanks, I think ND may make my new one which is 6x4.5 x2.5

To comment on the early pages: the gaps in the block work will not make a lot of difference and those concrete blocks would take probably 10 times that tank, I have 2 steel beams holding up the whole floor of my office and then the whole walls and roof sitting on them, the weight sits on just 4 of those blocks and the rest are just 9inch celcon blocks which are so soft you can cut them with a saw.

Also the wood supports are not really needed, in fact, I would wager that most of the middle lintels could be removed, a long tank builds the pressure at the far ends and bows the base by about 0.5mm upwards, it means that there hardly andweight at all in the middle compared to the ends. I used to sell hundreds of I shaped stands that only supported the tanks on the very last inch each of the stands, the rest you could remove the polystyrene as soon as they were filled and we didn't ever have a faliure. (done sue me though)

I think the stand would look nice clad in wood though.

Do the pbass leave the rays alone....I would love some in my new tank.

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Bit of a late reply, I did remove the middle wooden supports as it really limited access and the sump was due a clean after around 18 months of operation, tanks still cloudy from the clean.
Pbass are fine with rays as long as you add enough food for the rays to see any and your filter can handle the big feeds as often as rays need it, mine couldn't so I moved the rays to their own tank, for the above reason and the fact I felt pups would be safer

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
I used play sand because it was cheap, it is too light and kicked up into the filter all the time.
I shovelled it out with the fish in and used some unipac tana I think it's called, much better.
The tig moved to an 8x4 with rays but unfortunately died in a power cut

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store