Finally pick up this guy, want some opinions

aykinhk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2018
Hi all,
After waiting 4weeks for this pup ray ready,
Finally can pick it up from LFS

Spent 1 hour slowly dripping to acclimate and settle this guy down to my aquarium. Seem ok with no stress or curl disc..
What you think think about this ray?? Looks healthy???and what everyone think this is a motoro x Mantilla ??
New to stingray and need some opinion.
I will not feed today as this guy just into the tank and should I try to feed from tomorrow

Thanks every opinion

20210717_154837.jpg

20210717_154848.jpg

20210717_155037.jpg

20210717_155055.jpg

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Hi all,

Spent 1 hour slowly dripping to acclimate and settle this guy down to my aquarium. Seem ok with no stress or curl disc..
What you think think about this ray?? Looks healthy???and what everyone think this is a motoro x Mantilla ??
I will not feed today as this guy just into the tank and should I try to feed from tomorrow

Thanks every opinion

View attachment 1466560

View attachment 1466561

View attachment 1466562

View attachment 1466563
Never kept rays or know much about them but this little guy is beautiful. Again I’m not good with rays but to me it looks like a pure motoro ray. Also with rays one thing I do know to look out for us if the dots start to drip down then that’s a bad sign. What are you going to be feeding?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi all,

Thanks every opinion

View attachment 1466560

View attachment 1466561

View attachment 1466562

View attachment 1466563
From my experience it looks like a motoro, I could be wrong as there are so many hybrid rays nowadays. Looks healthy with possibly a little slimecoat coming off, but it should do well for now

Reactions: deeda

aykinhk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2018
Never kept rays or know much about them but this little guy is beautiful. Again I’m not good with rays but to me it looks like a pure motoro ray. Also with rays one thing I do know to look out for us if the dots start to drip down then that’s a bad sign. What are you going to be feeding?
Bloodworm and chopped whitebait to start with . I hope this right ..
Any recommendations?

aykinhk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2018
From my experience it looks like a motoro, I could be wrong as there are so many hybrid rays nowadays. Looks healthy with possibly a little slimecoat coming off, but it should do well for now
Slime coat coming off?? It should be getting better when this guy settlendown in weeks
Any point need to be watch out when keeping ray
I know clean water is the key...

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Slime coat coming off?? It should be getting better when this guy settlendown in weeks
Any point need to be watch out when keeping ray
I know clean water is the key...
Don’t keep two male rays together, and since It’s a pup feed it twice a day, but once is also fine

Reactions: aykinhk

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Looks pure motoro to me. Expect some pretty solid growth. Meaty foods and pellets as a staple try to discontinue bloodworms for more nutritionally packed foods.

Reactions: aykinhk

aykinhk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2018
Looks pure motoro to me. Expect some pretty solid growth. Meaty foods and pellets as a staple try to discontinue bloodworms for more nutritionally packed foods.
Try to feed small cut off mussel and whiting fish now.hopenhe will eat

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store