FINALLY VACATION!!!

virgildonatifan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
south africa
Hey guys

Hope you all doin good!!Anyway,I'm going away this month for christmas holidays for 2 weeks and I wanna know whats the best way to feed my fish, IF I can't find someone to do it for me?

I saw this excellent feeder from Hagen that I'm most willing to buy but I first wanna hear what you guys have to say?

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
if you've had your tank for awhile and your fish are stable i wouldn't bother feeding them for the two weeks you are gone. I would feed more than usual the a week or two before you leave.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
sqratch;600864; said:
if you've had your tank for awhile and your fish are stable i wouldn't bother feeding them for the two weeks you are gone. I would feed more than usual the a week or two before you leave.
Did you notice he has rays? That could spell bad news.

I would try to find someone to feed them.

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
i can't really say coz i dont know too much about rays. You could get an automatic feeder though. But if you do make sure you get one that has a fan that aerates the food if you have a canopy for your tank. I have a canopy for my tank and had a cheapo auto feeder. came back two weeks later to a container full of moldy food

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
What does your ray eat? I doubt you can put ray food inside an automatic feeder ( unless their carnivore sinking pellets )

virgildonatifan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
south africa
their diets mostly consist out of shrimps and earthworms and I feed them cut fish 3-4 times a week.so this could be a problem...I did feed them pellets for 2 weeks when I got them but after some research I started feeding them shrimps then earthworms and only recently the cut fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store