Finished Another One **Image Load Warning**

carpediem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out (finished today). They want to add pond and waterfall plants themselves. It'll look a lot less bare with the addition of plants. I'll post updated shots in a few weeks.

Approximately 3000 gallon organic clover shaped pond with 3 submerged shelves for plants and a stone koi cave. 35 foot long waterfall that starts in an upper bog and incorporates 6 drops including a split fall into the pond.

I used a Savio skimmer box and a 1/2 horse Atlantic waterfall pump. The whole project incorporated about 12 tons of misc. rock (ouch my back).

The rear deck off the master bedroom overlooks the waterfall while the rear deck off the kitchen overlooks the pond. I hope the neighbors visit...

hankn

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2007
Israel
www.interall.co.il
I've seen some of your previous work which was very nice but this one seems to not fit the adjoining landscape and houses. It is too big and the riverbed gravel on the sides just doesn't fit. It overwhelms the property and adjoining homes.

carpediem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
hankn;1056671; said:
I've seen some of your previous work which was very nice but this one seems to not fit the adjoining landscape and houses. It is too big and the riverbed gravel on the sides just doesn't fit. It overwhelms the property and adjoining homes.
Thanks for the input...

Actually, the gravel on the sides was specifically chosen by the homeowner. I have to give the customer what they want. Given my own personal choice, I would have left it natural with larger boulders and mulch, building natural planting shelves. While I agree with what you're saying, I would also say that the homeowner wants to plant the surround and interior of the pond themselves. You'll be surprised how much softer it will look once the plants are added and it has a year to mature.

nuth88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2006
Firestone, Colorado
Carpediem is a true artist......If only I could afford him to vacation in chicago and do a nice pond for me.........ahhhh, maybe when Im a triple digit midgit.......

Rob is a Artist......Freaking A!

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
wow amazing!

whats the evaporation rate on that monster? must need a refilling pretty often?!?!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store