Finless clown fish

Gerry Wojo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Kenosha, WI
Just noticed my largest of 3 clown fish has lost all his lower fins? Tail is still intact. He is swimming well but ...The 2 smaller ones still have all there fins. There in with a lg Texas Cichlid & a pleco also in tyhe tank. They haver been in the 100 gal tank for at least a year. The tank has a gravel bottom, & someone has been moving it around to clear the bottom...So lots of glass bottom showing? Bacteria on the bottom eating away? I placed him in a 30 gal tank now with goldfish. Hope he will survive...Can I do more for him? Thanks gerry....

sterling_mcdaniel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
idaho
Gerry Wojo;2484970; said:
Just noticed my largest of 3 clown fish has lost all his lower fins? Tail is still intact. He is swimming well but ...The 2 smaller ones still have all there fins. There in with a lg Texas Cichlid & a pleco also in tyhe tank. They haver been in the 100 gal tank for at least a year. The tank has a gravel bottom, & someone has been moving it around to clear the bottom...So lots of glass bottom showing? Bacteria on the bottom eating away? I placed him in a 30 gal tank now with goldfish. Hope he will survive...Can I do more for him? Thanks gerry....
first of all when you say clown fish what do you mean????
second what are the parameters of the water.
ammonia
nitrate
nitrite
temp

Gerry Wojo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Kenosha, WI
He's a Clown Loach, All parameters are good! Water change every couple of weeks. Filters cleaned once a month...The other 2 are in great shape.. He's still swimming & eating good with the gold fish... Added stress coat to repair the fins..Hope that helps...

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Do you know why the fins are gone? Did the Texas Cichlid do it?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Can you get a pic?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store