finshed gator cage

coreyweinkoetz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
manitowoc,WI
He also said he got rid of the last three cause he could not take care of them any longer this makes the four pet thats doomed from the get go unless everyone encourages people to by a pet they know the can't take care of for the natural life span of the animal.

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
coreyweinkoetz;2418655; said:
He also said he got rid of the last three cause he could not take care of them any longer this makes the four pet thats doomed from the get go unless everyone encourages people to by a pet they know the can't take care of for the natural life span of the animal.
He said he already has a place lined up for it to go...He isn't just getting it without a place for it to go when he can't keep it anymore...

I'm guessing he probably has some sort of connection to a place that keeps larger gators and doesn't really have a place to raise smaller ones or something, but I can't say for sure. I volunteered in the education dept. at a zoo a few summers and they have young male gators there that they grow out for a gator farm in Florida. The farms system involves moving male gators between pens of females to mate with them. They send the young males to different people to grow them out and get them familiarized with people to make them easier to move around as adults, and then take them back after 3 or 4 years. I have no idea if the OP is involved in anything like this, but it's just an example...

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
coreyweinkoetz;2419039; said:
Thank you for showing everyone I was right in the first place Boots, Belts, and handbags. :DThat's responsible pet ownership!
Well, it keeps those items off the black market. While I don't particularly like that people wear gator leather, farmed gator leather is better than poached gator leather. I'm all for farming gators to protect the species

danzx23

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2008
st. louis
lol my gator is gone but is safe the guy i gave him to has one of my last three this girl and the boy i had before and other two other 8 ft gators i sold my first two so who knows i hope there still doing good the guy who has mine now built his house around his pet gators ,his basement is a giant everglades terriuram lol but what you have to understand is in a clutch of baby gators not meany survive in the wild naturaly and even more are killed by humans because there considerd a nusince so you can feel bad if a gator is killed but get over it ... it even happins to dogs every day its sad but its the circle of life so get over your self

excuse my poor spelling lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store