Fire Eel and Pirahna

mustang98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2007
michigan
I appreciate everyones help! for the record there are a couple of things I am certain you can place in the tank wither pirahnas. Pleco's and tetras, I've even seen catfish with my own eyes. I just have never heard specificaly about eels.

Once again thanks for everyones help though

jphillips2020

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle
My pleco lasted about 1 day with my piranhas because he hide the whole time under some driftwood, soon as he came out to explore they got him. Don't try it they will just eat it. BTW I think Piranhas do better by themselves I've had packs of them and they are really skittish and hide alot. When I have just a single piranha they are more like Oscars come up to the top to feed and swim back and forth to follow me when I walk by.

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
mustang98;3018624; said:
I appreciate everyones help! for the record there are a couple of things I am certain you can place in the tank wither pirahnas. Pleco's and tetras, I've even seen catfish with my own eyes. I just have never heard specificaly about eels.

Once again thanks for everyones help though
Sometimes with larger specimens you can get away with tetras, anything else is hit or miss. Its not even a question of "if" the piranha will eat its tankmate but "when".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store