Fire eel eating help.

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
So I'm trying to get this little guy some food but between the arowana, pike's and goby it's proving impossible. I've tried to get it to the bottom and put it in it's PVC tube but I can't get it there without everyone else eating it.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I'm trying to get this little guy some food but between the arowana, pike's and goby it's proving impossible. I've tried to get it to the bottom and put it in it's PVC tube but I can't get it there without everyone else eating it.

You may have to feed at night but then the issue may be the Giraffe Catfish.

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
The goby is pretty active at night. When I leave for Work at 4am that's when I'll feed the giraffe and the goby is waiting as well.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The goby is pretty active at night. When I leave for Work at 4am that's when I'll feed the giraffe and the goby is waiting as well.

Hopefully someone will reply with a great solution so you can keep your Fire Eel.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
try taking a piece of pvc and put the end next to the eels hide and drop the food down the tube so it lands right in front of him, I do this to get bloodworms past my feeder fish

Reactions: tlindsey

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
How old Is the fire eel.
Fire eel can be tricky to get onto processed foods.
Once fire eels get tame and start taking food, they can compete with the fish you got in there.
Unless your new fire eel is taking processed foods, it's better to get them onto processed foods and then add them to the community tank.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I've had it about 3 days.
I wouldn't add a fire eel to a community tank, unless I know what it's eating.

If you're feeding blood worms and earthworms and live shrimp to your main tank, the fire eel will eventually come out and eat, else there are higher chances of the fella starving itself to death, over a period 4-6 months

Reactions: Drstrangelove
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store