Fire eel with white blotches

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
I couldn't take a photo because thethe f eel swims too much so I took a video.

I treated my tank for ich last week with Ich X and it cleared up the two fish that showed visible signs. Everyone else is fine but just noticed these white marks on the eel.

Any clue what it might be?

Water conditions are fine and tank temp is at 80.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’m sorry....I missed the fire eel. Anyway....would suggest covering the heater for now. Sounds like heater burn but since i don’t see the eel. Would keep the water clean and dab the area with some methylene blue.

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
I’m sorry....I missed the fire eel. Anyway....would suggest covering the heater for now. Sounds like heater burn but since i don’t see the eel. Would keep the water clean and dab the area with some methylene blue.
Shoot uploaded the video! Sorry about that.

Here it is if you can please take a look

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Apologies once again. I mistakenly posted the fire eel question under the arowana section. Feel free to delete? I did have a arowana question which I will post here later.

Reactions: headbanger_jib

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Apologies once again. I mistakenly posted the fire eel question under the arowana section. Feel free to delete? I did have a arowana question which I will post here later.
Moved,

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Looks like scrapes. Clean water should be enough.
Thanks for watching. That does make sense because when it gets bloodsworms in it's mouth it absolutely goes ballastic and thrashes all over the place because other fish are trying to steal it. I feel relieved though.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thanks for watching. That does make sense because when it gets bloodsworms in it's mouth it absolutely goes ballastic and thrashes all over the place because other fish are trying to steal it. I feel relieved though.
Try adding some vitachem to the bloodworms. Bloodworm only diets aren’t good.

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Try adding some vitachem to the bloodworms. Bloodworm only diets aren’t good.
I have tried so many other foods but this is the only food it will attack ha. Thanks for the suggestion I will research it. This does make sense why it's growing so slowly. Is this similarl to Seachem Flourish?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I have tried so many other foods but this is the only food it will attack ha. Thanks for the suggestion I will research it. This does make sense why it's growing so slowly. Is this similarl to Seachem Flourish?
Try earth worms or live black worms. I have a good feeling it’ll take it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store