FireMouths

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
It depends on the firemouth. Singles usually can be docile, or Psychotic. If you get a pair theyll attack in force, Ive had docile ones an Killers. Its luck of the draw I think.

FlammingWoodChuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
California
I was thinking of buying one 4 my 100g. The big fish don't seem to bug any1 that isn't bite size. When i added the 4inch flowerhorn not1 person bugged him. The bass kinda looked at him like FOOD but just looked :D

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
I don't even want to know how all the fish you have can fit in a 100g. I also don't want to know what you are going to do once they are all full grown.

As for the firemouth, it is hit or miss as it is with any cichlid. Most sources say they are peaceful but mine is a little jackass and trys to kill everything that enters the tank except for the 4 Buenos Aires tetra. My advice to you however...don't get one, you should be saving money for more tanks or getting rid of more fish.

FlammingWoodChuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
California
I am planing on building a 800-900g tank within a year. They all have space to live. here are sum pix of the tank. I get that sumtimes by a few member but they seem fine to me

100_2309.JPG

100_2409.JPG

100_2410.JPG

100_2411.JPG

FormulatedFire

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Baltimore, Md
i had a firemouth in the tank with my jd but my jd beat the living crap out of him so i gave him to a friend and i guess it put it in a bad mood and it killed his sen birchir...jailbird...and everything else in the tank.....i would buy another one because they are very colorful fish but boy was he a killer

Siemens2

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Norwalk, IA
Tanks look good, just have to filter it like crazy. The 900 gallon tank is a great idea, but start saving and good luck.

FlammingWoodChuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
California
Yah I am saving up now. I need a job. I have a canister filter and a aqua clear 70 on it. Im gana buy a aqua clear 100 for it but that has to wait awhile. My tank is always crystal clear

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
FireMouths are a different type of aggressive. They are 90% bluff...using their red gills to intimidate their rivals. When it comes to actual squabbles and stuff not much really happens. Their may be chasing, but if it comes down to a battle the FM is gonna loose. I used to have my FM in with my Viejas.....they held their own...then i left and came back and they got owned and died...:(.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store