First big disaster:(

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
This really sucks. Im sorry your going through this. How are the fish holding up ?

Reactions: MrsE88

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Sorry to hear this but happy you found out the issue before it got worse. I know how you feel went through a few leaks of aquarium's or filter's myself.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
This really sucks. Im sorry your going through this. How are the fish holding up ?
They are doing ok. Finally settling in.
They make the tank look so tiny
I kinda think the africans like the sump better then they did the other tank. This guy is showing colors I’ve never seen on him before. When they get moved back I’ll have to provide more hiding spots so he can stay happy.

Sorry to hear this but happy you found out the issue before it got worse. I know how you feel went through a few leaks of aquarium's or filter's myself.
That does make me happy too. It could have been so much worse.
It’s nice to have this place to vent on but also have things put in prospective. So many members have delt with this, similar, or worse. It’s reassuring in a way.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
They are doing ok. Finally settling in.
They make the tank look so tiny
View attachment 1363656
I kinda think the africans like the sump better then they did the other tank. This guy is showing colors I’ve never seen on him before. When they get moved back I’ll have to provide more hiding spots so he can stay happy.
View attachment 1363655

That does make me happy too. It could have been so much worse.
It’s nice to have this place to vent on but also have things put in prospective. So many members have delt with this, similar, or worse. It’s reassuring in a way.
Glad they are doing ok. Agree how others can help put things in perspective. A few months ago i overflowed my tank twice ans was questioning if i should take a break from the hobby and was talked out of it, thankfully

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Glad they are doing ok. Agree how others can help put things in perspective. A few months ago i overflowed my tank twice ans was questioning if i should take a break from the hobby and was talked out of it, thankfully
Yes, isn’t it funny how things like that really make you step back and question being in the hobby.
I was a crying blubbery mess trying to tell my husband over the phone what happened. Saying maybe this was a sign I was in over my head and made a big mistake. I’ve been getting hit with one problem after another I just broke. Thankfully he was very calm and sweet and talked me down. Haha.

Reactions: EntoStentor

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
So sorry for your fish! Have you got it fixed yet?
No. I have to wait for help to dismantle the tank. The plumbing needs to be taken off and the tank needs to be on the ground for me to work on it.
This is a big down side to having a tank too big for me to handle alone and not having anyone nearby to give a hand.
I’m guessing it will be about a month before it’s back up and running:/
I can’t even order the silicone yet because we have another blizzard on the way and I’ll be snowed in again if their projections are right.
Hopefully I’m wrong and I’ll get things done sooner.

samurai.cichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2019
North Carolina
i love your green terrors, they're so awesome. the upheaval hasn't left them looking any worse for wear at all, still colored up and really vibrant. all your fish look great.

good luck getting it all fixed, setup and running again. fingers crossed for you that it'll be as straightforward and smooth an operation as possible.

Reactions: MrsE88
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store