First jumper.

ejwp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2011
central IL
Well i had my first jumper. Came home from work and went to feed my little guys in a grow out and was missin one. I think it jumped out next to the filter.

May be awhile before another one shws up out here but i guess i will have to try again when i find another one.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
I had a 16" Ornate that did this, usually they live long enough to be put back in the tank tho because they do well out of water. Mine jumped out, crawled into the kitchen (where my mom was making lunch) and scared her half to death. It lived a good 1-2 hours before I came home and put him back in the tank.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
i was a nice teulgelsi! Dang!

Ancient_Fish_Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2010
Las Vegas
i had a 20 inch koliba that jumped out during the night, found him next to the tank, thought he was dead until i picked him up. almost scared the crap out of me when he started to move again lol placed him back in the tank , but he ended up dying a week later. seemed like he wasnt able to fully regenerated all of his slime coat.

ejwp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2011
central IL
Deep- I wish I would have found mine alive but it was basically dried to the floor. But I'm gone for work 12 hours a day so I have no idea how long it was out on the floor.

Thanks lix.

ejwp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2011
central IL
i had a 20 inch koliba that jumped out during the night, found him next to the tank, thought he was dead until i picked him up. almost scared the crap out of me when he started to move again lol placed him back in the tank , but he ended up dying a week later. seemed like he wasnt able to fully regenerated all of his slime coat.
That had to be ruff. Its got me a little iffy now. I'm gonna have to check both tanks now. I have never really thought twice about my larger bichirs jumping

bigchief

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
glenoma, washington
With the jolt of teugs latly it seems theres a jolt of jumping teugs also, I think thats the 3rd one ive seen on here wonder whats up, im fortunate not to have had a jumper yet sorry for your loss

bigchief

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
glenoma, washington
I take that back I had a sen jump out when I had the top off and was cleaning the glass and startled it right out of the water, got it back in and no harm done

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store