First post on this website

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
If you're concerned about it you can message an admin and they'll remove the posts. On the home page go to one on one with the admin and type them a message. It's a private link

Dmanwithnoname

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2022
no tank mates, currently in 55 gallon. It’s around 7 inches now, was sold as ring tail. Currently looking for a bigger tank or thinking of trading for a smaller species. Got it eating fluval bug bite pellets, frozen foods and it will smash feeders. I have a seperate 15 gallon I quarantine all the feeders before transfer ti that tank. So far only doing 50-60% water changes a week, thinking about another HOB filter but still deciding on tank situation lol.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

EricTheRed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2015
It’s great, you have been able to get him to eat pellets. I have had a pike for over two years that adamantly refuses to eat anything except feeders and earthworms which is a royal PIA! Despite this, he is very colorful and healthy.

Your Pike was 7 inches in November, how big is he now? Since you stated you were looking at getting a HOB filter, I recommend a Tidal 110. It will give you both additional air flow and filter redundancy with your current filter (which I would leave operating in your tank) which is safer for your fish. Also always clean both filters at separate intervals to better protect your beneficial bacteria, and only clean your filter media with existing tank water.

Dmanwithnoname

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2022
I haven’t upgraded the tank yet. I did add another HOB aqua clear 70 and a small power head to simulate a clear stream biotope. So I have wicked circulation and the tank is being filtered about 8 times an hour.

I found a 180 gallon tank, I’m in talks with the guy as he wants a snowmobile and I have one I think I’m ready to part with. Fx6 is on sale at my local store this month for a good price, so I’m thinking of putting that all together.

I think he might be showing signs of hith, which I assume must have came from a feeder gold fish. I quarantined and treated the feeders with API general cure, salts, and methylene blue in a seperate tank. I’m not sure what else I could have done.

At any rate I’m treating the pike with much of the same with Melafix. I might be over reacting because the tank has a coarse substrate and the pike has clearly moved a lot of substrate around his cave that he has had since a minnow. I bought a larger one thinking that it had kinda outgrown it but it still goes there as the safe spot.

I do 25% water changes twice a week. I’m going to be frustrated if I lose this guy. So far no changes in behaviour or appetite, if fact I’m sure I could feed it all day until it explodes lol.

Currently will take pellets from my hand.

Thanks for the interest and as always I’m happy to hear any advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store