First salt water build. Fluval Spec 2 gallon!

MajorBS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Well, I've got a real small Hydor mini in there right now. 7.5 watts. It keeps it a little cooler than it should be in the winter, but now it's doing a good job. I expect it to be a little warmer in the summer. As far as water changes go I started out doing 1 gallon changes about every month, but recently I've been doing about 2 cups a week to keep everything more consistent in preparation for the new arrivals. I top off about every three days. There's not that much evaporation now, but I expect it to go up with the new lighting.

MajorBS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
Wisconsin
How about you? What are you doing for heat and light? I'm especially curious about heat because I'm looking to upgrade to something a little more consistent.

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
I am using an 25 Watt Hagen Mini Submersible Heater. I placed it where the pump is located. I am planning on taking out the heater in the summer.

MajorBS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
Wisconsin
New corals went in today! Smashed some rock and set that up as well. More lights coming at some point followed by more lights in the future. I'll get pics up once everything opens up and my carpet anemone decides not to hide in a corner.

TMartinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
Mandarin, Fl
Do either of you guys have a circulation pump?

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
TMartinez;5108525; said:
Do either of you guys have a circulation pump?
I am using a 150 gph pump, but its a little big for the 2g. Im trying to look online for a nno pump ;)

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
I would say the return pump that came with the tank is decent enough for corals.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
In terms of a return pump why not get one of those that is used with reptile waterfalls.

TMartinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
Mandarin, Fl
by 'return pump" what do you mean?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store