First time lungfish owner with questions.

Wes811

Feeder Fish
Sep 7, 2017
Long time lurker first time poster. So I am the proud owner of a baby 6 inch SAL. I have been wanting one of these guys for,year and I am THRILLED. Done a lot of Google searches on basic care but wanted to pic the experts brains. He/she is in a 30 gallon grow out with sand atm. What is the standard growth rate for,healthy specimens. I get very paranoid about stunting so I want to have my game plan for moving him down. Next he is 55, then the 100 and the 180 when he is a big boy. How,often should this species be fed and,what is the ideal veggie,to carnivoriouse fare ratio? Should I provide lots of,hiding places for comfort, seems like,he doesn't like direct light. All in all any additional tips is appreciated. I am looking forward to keeping this beauty for many years.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I feed my 6" SAL twice a day at a minimum, and 3 times a day on my days off. Currently, he's getting frozen foods like bloodworms, spirulina brine shrimp, and plankton. I keep him with a clay pot that doesn't have a bottom and plastic plant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store