Fish and turtles?

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
Greetings I’m new to ponds. Don’t even have one yet but I’m a couple months I will. It’s going to be 12ft by 6ft but not in a perfect rectangle. My stocking is going to be albino red tail catfish, TSN, 5 peacock bass, 2 black pacu, pleco or two, Oscar, and a turtle. Have any of u don’t predator ponds wth turtles and how has it worked out? Also possibly an albino silver arowana or two.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
Those fish will require a heater, so either have it indoors (if you want that let me know so I can help you), or pay thousands of dollars for heat, Secondly 5 peacock bass in that pond is going to get awfully crowded, those fish will get to be 2-4 feet (depending on what type it is), third, pacus also get massive, but they are herbivores (unlike the oscar and peacock bass), fourth, the bass like to jump so you have to worry about that, fifth, I think a small turtle like that might get harassed by the fish, and sixth, you will need some very good filtration because they will produce a lot of waste, you should either A, get other fish, B get a larger pond, or C, plan to get a larger pond (because it will take a few years for them to get that big), how deep do you plan to make it, assuming you make it 3 feet deep, you'll have about 1500 gallons to work with

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Does anyone else get annoyed when people say that x fish needs a heater. Not talking about you personally crayfish just in people in general.
This dude is in florida, I doubt the temperature will drop down enough for him to actually require a heater.
I just looked up the temperature required for peacock bass and this was the first thing that showed up
Screenshot_2018-10-10-20-22-28.png

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
Does anyone else get annoyed when people say that x fish needs a heater. Not talking about you personally crayfish just in people in general.
This dude is in florida, I doubt the temperature will drop down enough for him to actually require a heater.
I just looked up the temperature required for peacock bass and this was the first thing that showed up
View attachment 1339187
not really, just saying it needs to stay warmer and they may be difficult, plus you also will have some pretty bad algae problems, it also can range into the 40s during the winter, plus oscars need it to be in the high 70s, so he'll need a heater in the winter (probably) and maybe a chiller in the summer

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Those fish will require a heater, so either have it indoors (if you want that let me know so I can help you), or pay thousands of dollars for heat, Secondly 5 peacock bass in that pond is going to get awfully crowded, those fish will get to be 2-4 feet (depending on what type it is), third, pacus also get massive, but they are herbivores (unlike the oscar and peacock bass), fourth, the bass like to jump so you have to worry about that, fifth, I think a small turtle like that might get harassed by the fish, and sixth, you will need some very good filtration because they will produce a lot of waste, you should either A, get other fish, B get a larger pond, or C, plan to get a larger pond (because it will take a few years for them to get that big), how deep do you plan to make it, assuming you make it 3 feet deep, you'll have about 1500 gallons to work with
Another nonsense, people keep bass in 180-240 all day and those fishes seem fine and breeding. Please tell me where you get 4 feet peacock bass beside out of your butt. I’ll call Guinness world record and make you famous

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
Another nonsense, people keep bass in 180-240 all day and those fishes seem fine and breeding. Please tell me where you get 4 feet peacock bass beside out of your butt. I’ll call Guinness world record and make you famous
note I also see oscars in 40 breeders and they do fine, doesn't mean much, and no I didn't pull that out of my butt, they reach 36 inches in aquariums, you can keep smaller bass in a 180, but not a temensis

Last edited:

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
note I also see oscars in 40 breeders and they do fine, doesn't mean much, and no I didn't pull that out of my butt, they reach 36 inches in aquariums, you can keep smaller bass in a 180, but not a temensis
That’s a member on the forum tcav88 tcav88 but even in the Wild I doubt there are many over 3’. I doubt his were 3’ lma

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store