fish are sctraching themselves

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
DeLgAdO said:
hmmmm might be nitrates, but i do do 50% waterchanges a week, but the wet-dry overflow is a piece of ****, my dads firends friend did it, and at first i was like WTF IS THIS!! i had to drill to make the openings bigger. And it does more harm than good, plus its a pain in the ass to clean out, i cleaned it out yesterday and it was full of gunk n **** its liek that every week, might be the source of the nitrates, not sure though gunna have ot test the water.

ill try taking pics but the batteries i use arent stong enough to power my digital camera whic his bull****.

If you have an unclean wet-dry filter, you can be having all sorts of problems. Detritus building up on your biological media can sufficate nitrifying bactera, which leads to Ammonia spikes, Nitrite spikes, and Nitrate explosions.. Any of these water quality issues will lead your fish to scratch themselves.

If it was Ich, they would be showing the full effect by now..

They are not marking their territory, and fish are not gangsters.. Granted, when attempting to claim territory they will do this, Occasionaly, but usually AMONG CICHLIDS. I have never seen a Bala Shark and Tinfoil Barbs try to mark territory, Duh.

C'mon RhomBeusBoi, don't spam these forums with your bright orange gangsta flow, go to AOL chatroom if you want to be an on-line romeo. We are here to help people with their fish, not try to make them think fish are gangsters. Please do not use anymore Fish vs Gangster analogies, Dawg.

Hasi

Go hard, or go home
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
Australia
Miles said:
C'mon RhomBeusBoi, don't spam these forums with your bright orange gangsta flow, go to AOL chatroom if you want to be an on-line romeo. We are here to help people with their fish, not try to make them think fish are gangsters. Please do not use anymore Fish vs Gangster analogies, Dawg.

Agreed.

zhuangsw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2005
Miles said:
double agree. cheers to your bravery to speak up to him..

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
****ER!!!!! NITRATE AT 110 PPMS!!!! YOU GOTTA BE ****ING KIDDING ME!! EVEN WHEN I DO 50% WATER CHANGES A WEEK!!!

hmmmmm *takes a deap breath*

ok im gunna have to do a top to bottom cleaning on this one.

this might explain the scratching.

phene4grene420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
york, pa
RhomBeusBoi said:
it's cool in the game, dogg...jus remember... fo some bein' gangsta its a way of lyfe....you gotta hit those streets and make ends while layin' it down and not lettin' some chickenhead chump yo ass....fish recognize....I feel like fish really relate and understand me....nobody wants ta get chumped, ya know...
i bet this guy is white, wears glasses, in his mid-late 30's, drives a 1980 Ford Fairmont, and lives in the suburbs of York, PA. we got tons of these people around here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store