fish for kids?

jyabs7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2019
What all did you get?

Pterophyllum scalare var. "Blue Zebra " x3
Hemigrammus bleheri var. "Brilliant" x18
Apistogramma viejita (2 male/female pairs)
Corydoras sterbai x 6

I've read the angels are a good fit with the corys, but i'll have to keep an eye on them with the rummys. If someone can't get along they can go in one of the spare tanks i bought on my trip lol.

Reactions: Angelphish

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Pterophyllum scalare var. "Blue Zebra " x3
Hemigrammus bleheri var. "Brilliant" x18
Apistogramma viejita (2 male/female pairs)
Corydoras sterbai x 6

I've read the angels are a good fit with the corys, but i'll have to keep an eye on them with the rummys. If someone can't get along they can go in one of the spare tanks i bought on my trip lol.
That's going to be a very entertaining and colorful tank once the fish get comfortable. Blue Zebras are one of my favorite varieties of Angelfish, good choice.

Reactions: jyabs7

jyabs7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2019
I hope so! I know the temps will be a little tricky as it'll end up being the upper end of what some prefer and the lower end of what others prefer but hopefully i find a middle ground right around 77-79 where everyone can be happy

jyabs7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2019
So far only three losses. 2 rummys and 1 ven cory. I threw the kittys from the 55 into the mix as well. Everyone's settling in pretty well and finding their places. It's a pretty active tank so far which i didn't experience too much of the last go around. Everyone but the angel's are too camera shy though. Plan is to keep adding a capful of stability a day for the first full week they're all in the tank to hopefully give the filter a chance to build up enough bacteria to not crash my cycle. I read the apistos like to hide, and since all the corys took over the ship, they get a lighthouse and a barrel for now lol. If these plants survive the next few weeks i'll start adding more.

edit: oh and i got to learn that no matter how much i rinsed the ohko stone it'll still make a mess once it's in the water lol. And the fish keep knocking my banana plants around

IMG_0548.jpg
IMG_0554.jpg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Very nice angelfish, I like the looks on him. Hopefully he is not a jerk and kill other fish like mine did.

Reactions: jyabs7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store