Fish Help

Com3backKid

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hey guys! So I’ve had a Red Empress for about 4 or 5 months now and he hasn’t put on any weight. When I first got him he didn’t really eat and his poop was white and stringy. He looked like he had sunken belly so I treated him with seachem metroplex. About 2 weeks of treating him I noticed his waste became normal and his appetite went threw the roof. He eats like a pig, but his belly stays pinched. Any advise?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hey guys! So I’ve had a Red Empress for about 4 or 5 months now and he hasn’t put on any weight. When I first got him he didn’t really eat and his poop was white and stringy. He looked like he had sunken belly so I treated him with seachem metroplex. About 2 weeks of treating him I noticed his waste became normal and his appetite went threw the roof. He eats like a pig, but his belly stays pinched. Any advise?
Wait it out and it should recover. Keep feeding.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Even after this long? What could cause him to take that long to look normal? I’ll post pics later.
Unless it just scarred and fibrosis it’ll always have that look to it. If it’s acting normal and eating then watch for now.

Com3backKid

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2017
Unless it just scarred and fibrosis it’ll always have that look to it. If it’s acting normal and eating then watch for now.
So it could be just scarred from being sick with no treatment for a while? Cause that’s sad...

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
So it could be just scarred from being sick with no treatment for a while? Cause that’s sad...
An injury may not heal right and leave a visual residue behind. Doesn’t mean it’s sick. If it didn’t heal properly doesn’t mean it’s sick either. Lots of fish get injured in nature and in home aquariums when replicating that nature. Wouldn’t worry too much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store