Fish still pooping stringy white after metro and prazi

crav

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
I've dosed prazi and metro in the recommended dosages in the water in my tank, and also done the treatment dosing the food. But, to no avail, some fish still exhibit stringy white poop and weird behavior.

Both metro and prazi were in pill format (used for dogs). In my country aquarium specific medicine is extremely expensive (when it's available) so I got it this way (made sure it's the same substance we use for our tanks). I crushed the pills and diluted them in aquarium water. When dosing the aquarium, I just dumped it on the tank. When dosing food, I used the diluted medicine to make a paste using fish food. Of course, dosages in food were not the same as when dosing the whole tank.

What else can I do for the treatments to be effective?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Epsom salt if safe for most fish. So I'd say yes.

Reactions: crav

crav

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
What fish are effected?

How long did you treat with metro food?

I have some nls hex shield I can send you if you want to pay for the shipping.
I treated for a week.
I'd love to take you up on your offer, but I need to check first imports and customs rules. I live in Brazil, and it's a ***** to import things here!

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
Give your fish a Epsom salt bath. They'll keep expelling white poop. Remove the poop when u see it. It contains eggs. I've been dealings this too Epsom helps them poop more. Then treat your tank with prazi

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Yes, ingestion of epsom salt is safe for aros. This has been confirmed locally. Aros, rays, plecos, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store