Fish Story Aquarium and Rescue, Naples, FL; two 4500 gal 13'x13'x4.5'

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Hi all, a couple of weeks ago Zak, aka Zak Catch'em All, and Joey, aka Slay'em, from Miami, Florida came over to our place to adopt one of our RTC named Ketchup and one of our unnamed pacu. Zak on the fly offered to film it for me, which I greatly appreciated. Of course, I had to find a way to look like an idiot, which was easy this time around - just put on split pants when you go wading in your fish tank. That'll do it. I beg your forgiveness for this, guys. The catching took a while because having tired of mending ripped nets, I use makeshift nets out of old bed linen. On the minus side, some materials are more dense and don't let air or water through that easily. So I struggled with the slowness of the net when in the water - can't swing it at all! Still, caught the two fish and the guys have done a super job the rest of the way. The fish have been doing great, I hear, in their new digs in Miami. Zak and Joey are great guys, who I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and interacting with. I am so happy that there are people like these two in our hobby.

Zak's channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7MCFUG5oKKsfVDl7gT7BRA

Joey's channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Pv2_x9OGhBSoe1Rt_U5IQ

Reactions: Bonytang

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Oh no. Wells will have to share his space. Has he been eating lately? I think you said a while back he was on a hunger strike?
Yeah, ever since wels got tankmates (after a long time, perhaps a year or longer home alone), it has upped its feeding game 10x out of the blue. Maybe they vex it, so wels decided to grow a bit and rid of them by eating them :)

Reactions: Matteus and moe214

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Yeah, ever since wels got tankmates (after a long time, perhaps a year or longer home alone), it has upped its feeding game 10x out of the blue. Maybe they vex it, so wels decided to grow a bit and rid of them by eating them :)
Lol. Challenge accepted..

Good to hear it's eating

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Wow. You are very crafty. It seems like things hardly ever go to plans. So sad that you put so much time and effort into the shower head, for it to not work out. Great trouble shooting, and coming to solutions. This is very inspiring. Are your acharas in that pond now as well?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store