Fish Suggestions

Ships

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2018
What would be some good fish suggestions for a 38 gallon bowfront that isn't a clownfish?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
A helchi firefish is a favorite of mine if you don’t mind spending $100 on one fish.

Reactions: Gourami Swami
Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
Brackish or saltwater?

If it's Brackish a figure 8 puffer or a mudskipper

If it's saltwater then a kamohara blenny, pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby, possibly a dwarf fuzzy lion fish (might get slightly too big, may need to upgrade later on), mandarins, some seahorses (they require very advanced care though so I don't recommend it unless you are experienced), maybe some small wrasse

Reactions: tlindsey and Ships

Ships

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2018
Brackish or saltwater?

If it's saltwater then a kamohara blenny, pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby, possibly a dwarf fuzzy lion fish (might get slightly too big, may need to upgrade later on), mandarins, some seahorses (they require very advanced care though so I don't recommend it unless you are experienced), maybe some small wrasse
Are lionfish sold seasonlly? I've noticed nobody has any species of lionfish in stock at the moment.

Reactions: tlindsey

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Brackish or saltwater?

No to Mandarin unless you get one that is eating prepared foods. Same for seahorses. Fuzzy dwarf would be fine .

A helchi firefish is a favorite of mine if you don’t mind spending $100 on one fish.
Helfrichi firefish. Awesome! I had a breeding pair at one point. Unfortunately they have a larval state that doesnt work with tank filtration. I tried a ton of different things to make it work. The standard or red firefish is also a great choice.
One of mine.
2011-02-23 17.44.47.jpg
I have about 4 pics left of my salt system I'm glad that is one of them. Such a beautiful fish in looks and nature.
A or a couple cleaner shrimp are cool too. Interactive and will pick your cuticles clean....:hitting:
2011-02-13 18.34.34.jpg
Again one of mine.
Corals? No how about dwarf angel?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
A dusky angelfish is absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite saltwater fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store