Fish Tank Updates!

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
image.jpgRecently I’ve settled with a 75 gallon planted tank and it’s ALMOST done looking to get some plants in the back right corner

image.jpg

Attachments

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
So you bumped this are you looking for advice?
I would say, you should remove the stickers.
The hornwort will also work as a floating plant. If it starts to die back and become brittle you may want to float it.
The java fern will not last with its rhizome buried it needs to be attached to the wood or rock.
If you are looking for rooting plants like swords you’re going to need a little deeper substrate.
You will probably need to add some root tabs either bought or DIY for any root feeders as well.
I would also recommend you think about different stocking as you move forward.
The dat is going to be too big for this size aquarium.
I’m Not trying to discourage or be to critical, just trying to give you some solid advice for your own success.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Yeah I got to get something to tie the java fern any suggestions? That datnoid will grow slowly so when he’s to big for that tank I am going to upgrade him, tonight I’m going to order a whole bunch of plants, more of my substrate and lava rock for my filter.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
You can use fishing line but eventually you will need to cut it away.
I like to use green or brown sewing thread because it blends well and will just rot away.
I also use cyanoacrylate glue (super glue) it’s non toxic and will harden in water.
Just dab the wood or rock and the java fern dry and glue it. Just use enough to hold it don’t cover the rhizome.

Reactions: DN328

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I’ll see if I have super glue when I get home, if not I’ll see about getting some

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store