Fish that attack their owners.

dragogreen

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2008
Socal
When i am cleaning my aunts red devil tank the male one comes and grab my hand with his mouth, no pain really just some suction power lol

Plec123

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
North Jersey
in my saltwater tank the banded coral shrimp tries to attack my hand when im cleaning the tank... and the peppermint shrimp try to clean my hand since theyre a type of cleaner shrimp.

Adhlc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
We've got a planted tank at work with a school of Odessa Barbs. Everytime I put my hand in there they all attack.

My Argentea used to bite me but now he likes to psyche me out. When I pull my hand away from him he'll chase it but never does anything.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
I just go to my kitchen and get one of my french knives and show it to the fish and they chill out.

my zebra tilapia will some days come up and rub my hand other days try to attack it, especially when people are with me she goes agressive, but when I am alone she is the other way

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
my male con. my gt. and bp he thinks hes a midas lol... my oscar is the only friendly one

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've never had this happen with any of my fish but Sharkaquarium used to have the biggest Dovii that I've ever seen and it would try its best to break through the tank to get anyone who stands close enough.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store