Fishing experiences

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Someday when I’m older I wanna sometime come back up here and target burbot… yes, Lake Erie has burbot but they are extremely elusive but I’m sure if I took a week fishing trip targeting them that I could find one.
You should try normal seawater lingcod. Last trip had an 18.5lb one.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I didn’t catch any walleye this trip but I don’t care. I had an amazing time, met some amazing people and caught some amazing fish. Next vacation/ fishing trip I’m hoping to maybe meet some of you guys and see your tanks and fish with you if it’s possible, don’t know when it’ll be but sounds like fun. Tomorrow I’m going home and so excited to see daisy for the first time in 4 days lol I bet he’s hungry. On this trip I caught 5 largemouth bass, all over 15” and largest being 4lb 17”. I targeted a new species that is invasive here known as the round goby, don’t have any pictures but they’re actually beautiful and have a decent bite to them. And another new species is the freshwater drum, I caught maybe 14 of them, largest being maybe 10lb and 2-2.5’ long.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
1EC03E3A-E580-4C41-8041-9BF7E42B7CCA.jpegFish from Lake Erie taste so much better than it does down where I live. Anyone her live by Lake Erie and looking for a new roommate I’ll pay rent by feeding fish ?

Reactions: robmcd

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I must say that looks banging ??
Thanks. I season it by hand for like 20 minutes with salt, pepper, chipotle Chile powder, jalapeño garlic powder, pineapple sriracha steak rub that gives a good Smokey flavor and then when the meat is all reddish brown I put it in a bag with flour and all of the same stuff that I put on the meat and shake it real good and fry in a deep bed of oil until bubbles start forming between the breading and the meat then I lay it on a paper towel and dust a handful of salt and shake it up while wrapped in pallet towels then ready for eating

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Do you eat large mouth bass?
Yea but not often. Got these from Lake Erie so I kept whatever was legal size which ended up only being 2 largemouth and a rock bass. I always eat smallmouth though. I’d rather fish for largemouth for sport but while I was there I took what I could since i was only there for a couple days. Largemouth actually taste good and honestly can compare it to yellow perch

Reactions: Bbuckley and robmcd

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I caught a 10 inch sunfish and released it. I looked it up and I can get it verified by state state and get a pin for it. I’m trying to catch it again now. D20A0800-2A90-485C-AA84-4B101B9B8274.jpeg

Reactions: deeda
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store