Fishing Season 2018

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
They are a hard fish to find in Hawaii. The island I live on has no bass or bluegill and the islands they
do occur on, they tend to be small. I could probably stock some in a private pond and grow out monsters BG but that's cheating. Haha

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
They are a hard fish to find in Hawaii. The island I live on has no bass or bluegill and the islands they
do occur on, they tend to be small. I could probably stock some in a private pond and grow out monsters BG but that's cheating. Haha
You should check if that still counts as a state record

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
You should check if that still counts as a state record
Technically, I think it would in my state but the regs may vary from state to state but they can be caught in private waters with no size requirement on water body. I will say, I wouldnt feel right about claiming a state record in such a way.

Its funny as kid there was a few hotel/golf course(around the old Kaua'i Surf, if anyone still remembers that spot) reservoirs that had big populations of green sunfish and a few bluegill with no predatory fish and they overpopulated quite fast but they have all been replaced/out competed by a few species of tilapia.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Technically, I think it would in my state but the regs may vary from state to state but they can be caught in private waters with no size requirement on water body. I will say, I wouldnt feel right about claiming a state record in such a way.

Its funny as kid there was a few hotel/golf course(around the old Kaua'i Surf, if anyone still remembers that spot) reservoirs that had big populations of green sunfish and a few bluegill with no predatory fish and they overpopulated quite fast but they have all been replaced/out competed by a few species of tilapia.
Not unusual but I bet you can still find a couple green sunfish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store