FISHING SEASON 2K12!!!!!!

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Questioning people about personal stuff often brings people together, it's how people make friends. My post is an off the cuff response that I didn't really care to have an answer too. He is good at documenting his fish, maybe he works with fish in some capacity? Maybe he runs a charter? If I cared enough I'd ask him out right, but as you say no one's business really. In his shoes I'd think haha suckers, I'm out here fishin everyday, these kids are so jealous. I feel like you're more offended for him, and I don't think you need to feel offended for anyone really, dive master is welcome to rip a strip off me himself. The mind your business thing works both ways man, but I forgive you.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Meh. You're not wanted here anymore. Go pester Weston or something.
There's a half-eaten dog turd in my backyard, perhaps you'd like to share it with your girlfriend over a nice candle-light dinner?

Questioning people about personal stuff often brings people together, it's how people make friends. My post is an off the cuff response that I didn't really care to have an answer too. He is good at documenting his fish, maybe he works with fish in some capacity? Maybe he runs a charter? If I cared enough I'd ask him out right, but as you say no one's business really. In his shoes I'd think haha suckers, I'm out here fishin everyday, these kids are so jealous. I feel like you're more offended for him, and I don't think you need to feel offended for anyone really, dive master is welcome to rip a strip off me himself. The mind your business thing works both ways man, but I forgive you.
just seems like people been attacking him all day for being a little different, nothing more. I'm pretty sure he's stated before he works with PAFBC or is training to.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
There's a half-eaten dog turd in my backyard, perhaps you'd like to share it with your girlfriend over a nice candle-light dinner?
Nah. I've got plenty of uneaten ones in my own backyard.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
half-eaten means it's a good one and something has already got the best part of it.....you sure you don't want to finish up? Go ahead eat it......taste the power of Purina
I prefer science diet myself.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Somehow I'm out fishing for 3 hours without my phone and when I come back I see this forum and this thread alone has about 25 new posts LOL.

Anyway, I don't feel like quoting all of this stuff now so I'll just address what I can. First off, if the "walls of text" bother people that much, I can shorten it (a bit;)). But I also was hoping when I started this year's thread that there'd be enough other fishing addicts like me that would fill up the thread as much as I do, but I see there's not.

For those wondering why I post so much, it's because I fish 4-7 days per week from April through October. I do have school since I'm 17, but screw sports, I'd rather spend all my after school time fishing, diving, and doing water changes er I mean watching my tanks :).

Admittedly, I can see how the abundance of reports every time I go out which is often just a couple fish can be a lot to sift through, so from now on I'll only post local reports once a week plus additional ones for big trips/outings like Lake Erie. At the same time I know some people like my reads or even just occasionally look at the details so I can't make any promises about posting just one or two lines with my pictures, it's just how I write everything including papers, which is probably why I get good grades on them. I'm even doing it now!

Now, if that appeases and answers everyone's questions, I'm hoping that we're all mature enough to forget about this (I'm just going to ignore the bulk of the last two pages) because if I want to have a thread war with fishermen, I'll just go to the fisherie.com forum and post something controversial about Steelhead LOL.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Somehow I'm out fishing for 3 hours without my phone and when I come back I see this forum and this thread alone has about 25 new posts LOL.

Anyway, I don't feel like quoting all of this stuff now so I'll just address what I can. First off, if the "walls of text" bother people that much, I can shorten it (a bit;)). But I also was hoping when I started this year's thread that there'd be enough other fishing addicts like me that would fill up the thread as much as I do, but I see there's not.

For those wondering why I post so much, it's because I fish 4-7 days per week from April through October. I do have school since I'm 17, but screw sports, I'd rather spend all my after school time fishing, diving, and doing water changes er I mean watching my tanks :).

Admittedly, I can see how the abundance of reports every time I go out which is often just a couple fish can be a lot to sift through, so from now on I'll only post local reports once a week plus additional ones for big trips/outings like Lake Erie. At the same time I know some people like my reads or even just occasionally look at the details so I can't make any promises about posting just one or two lines with my pictures, it's just how I write everything including papers, which is probably why I get good grades on them. I'm even doing it now!

Now, if that appeases and answers everyone's questions, I'm hoping that we're all mature enough to forget about this (I'm just going to ignore the bulk of the last two pages) because if I want to have a thread war with fishermen, I'll just go to the fisherie.com forum and post something controversial about Steelhead LOL.
So uhh. Can anyone give me a shortened version of what this says? I got that he started with somehow I'm then I lost it.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
So uhh. Can anyone give me a shortened version of what this says? I got that he started with somehow I'm then I lost it.
Translation: He basically said hurry up and finish the rest of that dog sh*t before someone else gets it all and you end up going hungry

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Translation: He basically said hurry up and finish the rest of that dog sh*t before someone else gets it all and you end up going hungry
Don't yinz get me involved in that "conversation" lol. Honestly, I don't like to stir things up on the internet more than I have to, I leave arguing to real life for the most part lol. I think we all need to keep in mind that this is a fishing subforum though and these fights are better left to the lounge.

I post all of my catches because one, I fish a lot; two, I use it to track my catches; and three, because there's a number of people who like my reports or don't get out as much as they'd like to and I think that just seeing fish makes them happy. Plus if I ever decide to start a charter (which I'm honestly considering after college) this shows I can actually catch fish :).

Either way, the way I post is my personality, I like to tell fishing stories and share details, and the Internet and its various forums will never change me or the way I post.

Reactions: davenmandy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store