Floor all soggy...GRRR

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
We always used to have floods in a fish store where I used to work...

We had this one shelf, on the bottom was a 33 long, middle was a 33 long, and on top was a 55. Well my manager was cleaning the top 55 and slipped on the latter and in the fall kicked the 33 and basically as he fell on the floor all the water from 33 flooded him.

When I was filling tanks a few times, I would start talking to the customer and forget... yeah, obvious what happened there.

I was emptying fish tanks during the water change and the hose that was going to the bathroom, well a customer kicked it or something and the hose fell on the floor. I was no aware and just kept emptying the tanks.... must have emptied at least 10 gallons until I noticed the water on the floor.

I got tons of flooding stories....

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
Well I sopped up most of it with every towel in the house (much to my wifes dismay) and put a fan on it for a day. Eventually I'm gonna rent a carpet cleaner and do the carpets but I'm afraid the fumes will somehow kill my fish. Has anyone done this? (carpet cleaner in fishroom?)

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
buddah101 said:
Well I sopped up most of it with every towel in the house (much to my wifes dismay) and put a fan on it for a day. Eventually I'm gonna rent a carpet cleaner and do the carpets but I'm afraid the fumes will somehow kill my fish. Has anyone done this? (carpet cleaner in fishroom?)
I had to use flea foggers....

I just covered my tanks with trahbags and extra bed sheets durring the flea fogger.

I'd think think that's a tad more crucial then carpet cleaners.

Maybe not, what do I know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store