Flow problem, need expert advise

Homer Siped

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
I think 1" drains should work. Im no expert as i only have my one setup with drains like this.i have one full siphon, the one with valve closed part way, then the one with the air hose takes up the little bit of residual and if the water gets up just below the emergency drain (all the way to left) the airline gets submerged and creates a full siphon. Not sure if this is correct way or not but it works for me and have started and stopped probably 100 times just to be sure i dont have a mess.

IMG_0850.PNG

Lukemitchell

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2017
Tamworth
Any update on how things running?
Yes sorry I adjusted the 3rd drain and I cut the over flow box so it brought the water level down (that was nothing to do with the problem I just wanted it lower) and I turned the pump up to 36w and some how that's solved it and now running a lot better.
Oh and I got given 8 gold fish so hopefully my tank will cycle now as ammonia and nitrites have risen.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Glad to hear. But as said, from the pictures it did not appear the pipes had issues keeping up to begin with.

I think turning up the pump allowed your primary drain to be fully siphon maybe?

Lukemitchell

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2017
Tamworth
Glad to hear. But as said, from the pictures it did not appear the pipes had issues keeping up to begin with.

I think turning up the pump allowed your primary drain to be fully siphon maybe?
Yes that's what I'm thinking now I've got 2 full siphon and the other half flow which is keeping up but if I have any other problems I will just change to 1''.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store