flower horn and vieja hybrib breeding

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
so my 2 fish i thought were both males have decided to lay eggs. the vieja mix is female ,and when she was laying eggs her underside by her tail turned bright red ,and her fins looked like red texas fins the pics don't show it well :( i bought both from petsmart and was told they were red texas they were about an inch or so,but i soon found i had a kmfa with a nice kok ,and this girl the vieja hybrid (i read the petsmart kmfa thread) i bought 2 others but they did not make it .. she has started biting the rock where she laid the eggs,and she is starting to lay more eggs in another spot in the tank. is this normal ?

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

IMG_1760.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
very nice pair! did you say they were from same batch? could still be brother and sister, he just faded...regardless thats a super nice find , should make some nice babies for you congrats

rocky2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2010
india
nice

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
I just did something like this myself Nice Good luck hope his fertile

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
very nice pair! did you say they were from same batch? could still be brother and sister, he just faded...regardless thats a super nice find , should make some nice babies for you congrats
i bought them both from petsmart on the same day. not sure if they are from the same batch ,but i am hopeful this turns out :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store