Flower horn fish suffering with disease help

Sai Raghava

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
I buyed one flower horn..so now that is suffering with disease..I don't know what is happing with that..fish become more flat and black..please I kindly suggest something..how to my fish
---
TMA: Tue Jun 20 2017 23:05:28 GMT+0530 (IST).jpg

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Looks like it may have bloat. The abdomen looks really distended
At this point there is probably not much that can be done.
The normal treatment would be to add some epsom salts (Magnesium sulfate)
to the water and to soak its food in a solution of epsom salt, but I doubt seriously that it will eat the way it currently looks.

Sai Raghava

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
Looks like it may have bloat. The abdomen looks really distended
At this point there is probably not much that can be done.
The normal treatment would be to add some epsom salts (Magnesium sulfate)
to the water and to soak its food in a solution of epsom salt, but I doubt seriously that it will eat the way it currently looks.

I will buy that salt..this will be cured..it's become flat and floating...just fish is opening mouth and closing it..can you suggest some more tips.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
you could add some extra areation to the tank to make it easier for him to breath.
Do a good water change before you add the salt make sure the tank is clean.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I keep looking at your picture . Could you post a couple more pictures. Maybe one looking straight on. These fish are very prone to getting bloat especially if they are feed a high protein diet to much and to often.
But this fish may have dropsy. I can't tell from the one photo.

Reactions: Sai Raghava

Sai Raghava

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
I keep looking at your picture . Could you post a couple more pictures. Maybe one looking straight on. These fish are very prone to getting bloat especially if they are feed a high protein diet to much and to often.
But this fish may have dropsy. I can't tell from the one photo.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. It looks to me that this could be a case of dropsy.
I'm sorry to say that once it reaches this point it's tough for the animal to recover.

You can go ahead with the epsom salt treatment. This will help to relieve some of the bloating and excess water retention.
If it is Dropsy you will need to start antibiotics as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store