Flower rays finally arrived

NjHardcore

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2018
I've been waiting for my local LFS to get me in some flower rays. Well after a few shipping delays because of weather and whatever else was happening in Columbia they finally arrived about a week ago. Took one home for now the other was looking skinny. Going to wait and see if she flattens up before I grab her also. I've wanted one of these since I first saw one 10+ years ago. So here she is. I'm in process of acclimating her to quarantine tank so sorry for **** pic.20190216_221955.jpg

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
How they doing man? Hope all's good, and it's eating for u. I bought 2 females, and a male a couple years ago, and all 3 never ate, and starved. I tried everything. Bout cried. Like I said, hope yours is doing well. I gotta work up the grapes to try them again. Lol

NjHardcore

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2018
How they doing man? Hope all's good, and it's eating for u. I bought 2 females, and a male a couple years ago, and all 3 never ate, and starved. I tried everything. Bout cried. Like I said, hope yours is doing well. I gotta work up the grapes to try them again. Lol

I moved her in with some other rays and she is not eating the variety the others do but she will eat some live blackworms and as of today is starting to munch on chopped up earthworms. Tomorrow I'm going grab some ghost shrimp and see what happens. Shes gotten a lot more comfortable swimming around and up the glass. Stays active with lights on also. She also seems to mimic the other rays and gets aggressive towards food when they do.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
You got these?! I took a buddy there yesterday who had his sights set on them. Enjoy them and keep us updated!

NjHardcore

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2018
You got these?! I took a buddy there yesterday who had his sights set on them. Enjoy them and keep us updated!

Yeah got one a couple weeks ago shes doing good. Only eating blackworms and chopped up earthworms but is eating and swims up glass when hungry. So that's half the battle.

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Mine would only eat earthworms for 2 years then one day she just switched and eat prawns sprats trout. I did try the usual of mixing chopped worms with other foods and if i had stuck with it im sure she would of converted sooner but i like using worms cos was a treat for all of my fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store