Flowerhorn not eating white stringy poo

Bolo058

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2023
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I have a flowerhorn I bought at the local fish store 3 weeks ago. He started having white stringy poo and not eating about a week ago. I have dosed the tank with API general cure twice now and salted it as well. He is still not eating. I have the temp at 86° the PH is 8.0 ammonia 0ppm nitrite is 0ppm and nitrate is 15 ppm. I use an eheim quick vac pro daily to spot clean his poo and do 40% water changes weekly. I'm not sure what to do next. Is there another med I should try. Should I give another dose of general cure? He is still fairly active and has decent color but it has been a week since he has shown even a hint of interest in food. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bolo058

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2023
Does anyone have any suggestions? I did a 50% water change today and cleaned everything since it has been 48 hours since the last dose of general cure. I have ordered a medication called "CLEAR" from CZ Aqua. It will be here first of next week. I'm not overly excited about sticking a syringe down my fish's throat but if it will save his life I will do it. If anyone has any suggestions other than CLEAR it any experience with this medication I would appreciate some advice. I knew these fish had some issues but I really thought I would get to keep this fish for a while before the health issues started.

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
Does anyone have any suggestions? I did a 50% water change today and cleaned everything since it has been 48 hours since the last dose of general cure. I have ordered a medication called "CLEAR" from CZ Aqua. It will be here first of next week. I'm not overly excited about sticking a syringe down my fish's throat but if it will save his life I will do it. If anyone has any suggestions other than CLEAR it any experience with this medication I would appreciate some advice. I knew these fish had some issues but I really thought I would get to keep this fish for a while before the health issues started.
White stringy poop does NOT necessarily mean sick it means empty stomach, how was the conditions the store kept him in?,how big is your tank (please be honest) and how big is the flower horn, any signs of stress like people yelling, loud noises, temp fluctuation, strong flow etc, if tank is too small he will not feel comfortable, he might be sick from the stores condition, also flower horns hate uncycled, or stress is preventing him from having an appetite and also try dif foods

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store