Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Blood Parrot

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Chief Tom

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2020
My flowerhorn tank is decorated the way I like it. I kept his needs in mind but he doesn't like the bamboo. I got my parrot a little sister and his personality really improved. He taught her to beg for food and come to the top of the tank which he wouldn't do before. I really think they like each other and the older parrot is a lot more tolerant of the other fish.

20200618_093636(0).jpg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Personally I like FH's the most. I like them more then BP's just do to that fact that I don't like how a BP looks and that FH's have way more variation in colors and patterns. With BP's once you've seen one you've basically seen them all while with FH's there are so many different kinds that it's almost impossible to list em all, especially when they are continuously making more varieties of em.

ChristianBouchart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2020
Personally I like FH's the most. I like them more then BP's just do to that fact that I don't like how a BP looks and that FH's have way more variation in colors and patterns. With BP's once you've seen one you've basically seen them all while with FH's there are so many different kinds that it's almost impossible to list em all, especially when they are continuously making more varieties of em.
That’s a fair point.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
+1 on this.

C ChristianBouchart If you really want just a wet pet, why not a pure species like midas or similar?

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I have four parrots with distinct personalities. Two extrovert, two introvert. 2 show devil ancestry, 2 show midas ancestry. All are intelligent and interactive. One is truly personable but skittish and nervous at times. One is a showoff for attention, one loves to decorate and move things, one watches tv, and the other explores and is a builder. Due to fighting they're all in separate tanks. Two females, two males. Aggression wise the females are the worst. But your mileage may vary, some parrots do okay in groups. When their adult personalities kick in is when it can go sideways.

Chief Tom

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2020
I have four parrots with distinct personalities. Two extrovert, two introvert. 2 show devil ancestry, 2 show midas ancestry. All are intelligent and interactive. One is truly personable but skittish and nervous at times. One is a showoff for attention, one loves to decorate and move things, one watches tv, and the other explores and is a builder. Due to fighting they're all in separate tanks. Two females, two males. Aggression wise the females are the worst. But your mileage may vary, some parrots do okay in groups. When their adult personalities kick in is when it can go sideways.
So far so good. I'd hate to have to separate them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store