Flowerhorn

CichlidBeautyAlways

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2020
hello everyone hope everyones having a great Saturday!!! Was wondering if i could get help trying to sex my flowerhorn. I wanna say female but not totally sure. Any help will be appreciated!!!

Sabrina

IMG-6jQT2DWt_wJ3W4xatSkyU.jpg

IMG-5k0L0G9wv172RVZKdfzQzZ.jpg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia

CichlidBeautyAlways

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2020
I do have question-i do notice my flowerhorns dorsal fin-i guess they say if theres black dots in dorsal its prolly a female;well ive noticed as the days go on the forsal has alot of black almost half the dorsal fin is black now does that still mean its prolly a female? any advice will be appreciated.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
I do have question-i do notice my flowerhorns dorsal fin-i guess they say if theres black dots in dorsal its prolly a female;well ive noticed as the days go on the forsal has alot of black almost half the dorsal fin is black now does that still mean its prolly a female? any advice will be appreciated.
Ive read that too, but the best 100% way to know is venting.

your fish still looks small and may not yet be mature enough to really tell. Try asking again once the fish has grown to around 8”, or is about a year old.

Its noteasy to tell just by looking at a fish from the side and especially when it’s still small. I’ve learned this but don’t want to take my fish out to properly vent it, mostly because it splashes a lot :)

Reactions: CichlidBeautyAlways
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store