Fluffy the fahaka!

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
The miuris is funny. He’s got a bad fungal infection that I’m treating with melafix and pimafix, cause tea tree extracts are all I can get around here. His eyes are clear, his fins are erect and all, he’s just really dark. The fungus has appeared to abate a little after the second treatment. I think if I haven’t seen noticeable improvement in the morning I may switch to full doses. I haven’t tried to feed him yet, but I’m going to try a nice red wriggler tonight.
I hope he pulls through, I’m rather attached to him.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Well, he died last night. I’m kinda heartbroken.

• Sad
Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Really sorry to hear. I lost my puffers a while back - it sucks, especially when it’s a freak accident.
Bad damage like that is hard to come back from if the right spot is hit.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
He might have survived if the fungus hadn’ have taken over like that. It was a big wound, but he was doing okay all things considered.
Fluffy the fahaka just died suddenly, I’ve taken a pretty good hit on puffers lately.
I’m sorry to hear about your puffers, what happened?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
He might have survived if the fungus hadn’ have taken over like that. It was a big wound, but he was doing okay all things considered.
Fluffy the fahaka just died suddenly, I’ve taken a pretty good hit on puffers lately.
I’m sorry to hear about your puffers, what happened?
Had 3 amazons. Lost one to what I believe was mycobacterium (fish TB), and the other two were due to either o2 deprivation or a massive pH swing from dosing chemiclean. I had used it previously with no issue - my guess is a heavily planted tank reacts poorly with it.
Puffers are amazing fish, but very sensitive.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Yeah they are. I do regular, weekly water changes to keep the water clean and try to diversify the types of food. The suvattii will eat anything, so it makes that easier. I actually think I might be able to pellet train this guy. We will see.
I like amazons, I’m sorry to hear about yours.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store