fluval 3.0 or fluval aquasky

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I am thinking of getting rid the the tubes in my 4 foot tank .I am thinking of either a fluval plant 3.0 or 2 aquasky 2.0 lights most of the plants will be low /medium light my tank dimensions are 48 inches long 21 inches high and 16 inches wide which should I go for cant make up my mind opinions welcome

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
The 3.0 is going to be a far superior fixture if your going by par and growing plants your goal. The sky is more of a budget led and might be fine for lower light plants. I personally have two 3.0s and couldn’t be happier. The custom settings are really nice and the ramp up and down timer is a great feature.

Reactions: tlindsey

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I'd go with the 3.0, unless you're only doing the simplest of plants but even then the 3.0 is a better purchase because if you wanted more light demanding plants it'd still be useful for that goal while also being able to be dimmed down if you're keeping things that you don't want brightly lit. If you get the sky and decide later you need stronger lighting you'll end up having to just buy the 3.0 anyways so may as well bite the bullet now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store